Posted on March 21, 2019
How To Find The Best Homeowners Insurance in Georgia
If you are in the market for Georgia homeowners insurance, you should know that you are actually spoiled for choices. If you just search for “home insurance” on Google, you will see just how many choices you have.
But when it comes to insuring your home, you don’t want to stop at adequate protection, you will want to find the best homeowners insurance for your peace of mind. But how do you do that?
The first step in the right direction is to get a quote from at least three insurance companies. If you are like most people, you would think that the lowest-priced policy is the best, however, nothing could be further from the truth. In order to find the best homeowners insurance, you have to compare the different policies based on the following:
- Extended replacement cost – Will the policy cover the total cost of rebuilding your home to its original condition, even if the amount exceeds the policy amount?
- Temporary living arrangements – Will the policy take care of temporary living arrangements in case you’re unable to live in your home or your house is being constructed again?
- Risk consultation – Will someone from the insurance company visit your home and check the property for risk assessment?
- Contents coverage – While a house is a structure, the contents is what makes it a home. Will the policy cover furniture, appliances and other items inside your home? Because if it doesn’t, you will have to get separate coverage.
- Cash settlement – If you choose not to rebuild your house, will the policy give you a cash settlement equivalent to the policy amount?
As you can see from above, finding a good insurance policy isn’t as easy as it may seem. There are many things you need to consider aside from the policy amount and the premiums you need to pay. You need to know what kind of deal you will be getting.
In our experience, going the the do-it-yourself route in shopping for insurance is often the best way to get the worst deal, especially for those who are unfamiliar with how insurance works.
If you belong to the “unfamiliar” tribe, it might be a good idea to find an insurance broker. Insurance brokers can definitely help you out in the area policy comparison and risk assessment because of their experience and knowledge.
You will want to find a broker who operates in your area.